Life InTents 13' (4M) Stella™ Stargazing Canvas Tent
Discover a new way to sleep under the stars with the 13-foot Stella™ Stargazing Canvas Tent! This compact version is our smallest canvas stargazer tent, making it easier to bring car camping or fit in a backyard. Stella is the perfect tent for a unique glamping adventure, with her 360-degree transparent roof panels that let you gaze up into the sky. Simply raise the curtain for those time you need a little privacy from the birds or sun.
VIEW IN YOUR YARD on your phone to see how it fits.
See a tour of the 16 ft. Stella on Youtube.
Life InTents 13' (4M) Stella™ Stargazing Canvas Tent Product Details
- Thickest and strongest 11.5oz (390 gsm) weighted canvas on the market.
- Transparent roof panels for stargazing.
- Sewn in ceiling curtain can be clipped closed or tied open as needed.
- 360 degree double sidewall can unzip & roll-up to reveal bug-free mesh screen netting for ventilation OR also unzip & roll-up the mesh wall to let nature in.
- 23.5 inch tall sidewalls(this model does not use wall poles).
- Waterproof + Mold + Fire resistant DoekTecTM cotton canvas.
- Lots of room! The 13’ (4M) diameter & 8'3" ceiling provides 133 square ft. of space. Room for up to 2 full beds or 6 sleeping bags.
- 19oz PVC Floor is fully enclosed (and removable) keeps you dry in wet weather.
- 4 screened windows and door can be zipped closed or open for ventilation.
- Bring in electrical or solar power through the dedicated rear zippered cord entry point.
- 2 built-in interior storage pockets to keep organized.
Life InTents 13' (4M) Stella™ Stargazing Canvas Tent Product Specifications
- Industry leading 11.5 oz. (390 gsm) weighted canvas!
Waterproof, 100% natural cotton canvas - marine boat shrunk.
- UV, fire-retardant, and rot resistant canvas finish.
- Highly mildew resistant canvas (No growth detected per AATCC Test 30).
- Treated for flame retardancy to meet CPAI-84 standards
- 4mm thick PVC ceiling windows with UV protective finish.
- Built-in 4-inch ceiling stove jack for adding wood burning stove. You can adjust this yourself fit up to a 6” stove pipe.
Enclosed floor made of a waterproof PVC 19 oz. rip stop material.
Dual mesh and canvas walls can be unzipped individually, or simultaneously, and rolled up around the entire perimeter to significantly encourage airflow.
- 4 screened windows can be exposed for airflow by unzipping their dedicated canvas cover.
- Dedicated power cord entry at the rear of the tent.
- 2 internal pockets provide extra storage.
- Durable SBS zippers throughout.
- 4 x Ceiling ventilation points.
- Oversized storage bag with side straps for easier transportation.
- Mold & mildew resistant (reapplication likely needed after 180 days of use).
Withstands wind gust up to 50 mph (when properly pitched).
- Extra thick canvas provides greater enhances insulation.
Wood stove ready.
- Tent Footprint: 12 ft. 9 in. Diameter. (4M bell tent)
- Staked bell tent footprint: 19’ diameter is best for the guy lines
- Center height: 8 ft. 3.5 inch
- Wall height: 23.5”
- Door height: 4'10"
- Shipping weight: 80 lbs. - so have a friend or a dolly handy :-)
- Packed tent bag measures 43” x 13” x 13”
6-Person tent sleeping capacity
CARE & MAINTENANCE
Life InTents Product Warranty
Canvas Tent & Tent Accessories Warranty
We stand behind our craftsmanship! Life inTent™ branded canvas tents, bell tents & accessories carry a limited 30-month warranty against defects in the workmanship and materials when our tents are used for recreational purposes. Any bell tent whose quality is compromised will be repaired (or in special circumstanced replaced) for free, at our discretion. Return freight requires customer prepayment.
The tent warranty does not cover damages arising from normal use, including improper set-up, mold, mildew, UV exposure, extreme weather, wood stove and air conditioner use, fire, damage during storage, sewn-in zippers, nor fabric holes or damage caused by neglect or accidents. Warranty does not cover improper guy rope rigging if tent is placed on a deck platform. Warranty is not valid if unapproved canvas cleaning or protective chemical products are used, improper cleaning methods used, or aftermarket customizations are made to the tent materials or hardware.
Tents used for set-up for long-term use greater than 21 consecutive days at time do not qualify for the 30-month warranty. Such use does however come with a 12-month warranty. Any bell tent whose quality is compromised will be repaired or replaced for free, at our discretion. Return freight requires customer prepayment.
We of course will still provide a lifetime of support after the 1 year period to help solve for any challenges that you may encounter with the tent.
Warranty only is valid to to original purchaser of new tents.
Camping Gear, Furniture Tools Warranty
All items not manufactured by Life inTents will follow warranty terms provided by the manufacturing company. Please reach out to them first. We are are happy to help with the process if your efforts are not progressing as desired.
Life InTents Product FAQs
ARE BELL TENTS EASY TO PUT UP?
Due to their simple design of two poles and multiple pegs, a 6M or smaller bell tent can be put up by one person in under 20 minutes - much easier than a teepee. We have a great article on our resources page that shows this simple setup process.
HOW DO YOU HEAT A BELL TENT?
Our tents are certified as being fire retardant to help add peace of mind when heating a bell tent. Many of our models include a built-in stove jack so that you can install a wood stove in our bell tents. Campers can also consider using a propane or radiant heater. Remember to always use a fireproof rug and a CO2 monitor.
HOW DO YOU CLEAN A BELL TENT?
First try to dry-scrub the stain with a clean brush. Next you can try a sponge and a mild soap. We usually suggest a couple treatments of Iosso Stain Remover to clean tough stains on bell tents. After cleaning, you may need to apply 303 Fabric Guard to introduce back a protective barrier to your canvas.
WHAT IS THE WIND RATING OF A BELL TENT?
When bell tents are properly set-up, these tents can easily withstand fresh air wind gusts of 50 mph, thanks to their unique shape and structural supports.
HOW LONG WILL A BELL TENT LAST?
A bell tent that is set-up for a few weekly camper adventures per year can easily last 10-20 years (if you don't pack it away wet and retreat it every few years)! The lifespan of bell tents that are left up for several months at a time will drastically vary. Factors such as humidity, tent placement, and regular maintenance all play a role. To extend the life of your tent we highly suggest a fly cover and getting your tent off the ground (via a platform) and exposing the tent to a breeze and sunlight.
ARE BELL TENTS GOOD IN THE SNOW?
Our bell tent can be used in all seasons. The canvas is super durable and weatherproof. Using a tent in snow requires extra precautions. A couple of inches of snow on the canvas can add 2,000 pounds of weight to the center pole if left sitting. Keeping a wood stove heating up the tent during snowfall will encourage the snow to melt off. Left unattended, snow can cause the center pole to collapse.
ARE ACCESSORY ITEMS AVAILABLE FOR PURCHASE?
Yes! We offer groundsheets, a fly canopy, stoves, awning, green or white chairs and cots, lanterns, rugs, and many more items made of great materials and at fair price in our online store.
DO YOU OFFER USED BELL TENTS FOR SALE?
We publish second hand and clearance bell tents for sale on our website. We also periodically have open boxed tents or repaired tents for sale. Just ask - you might bet lucky.
WHEN WOULD YOU USE THESE CAMPING TENTS?
Well, whenever you want an outdoor shelter away from home you could come back to these tents after a hike, bring it on a fishing trip, return to shore and sleep after using a canoe or kayak, enjoy some bird watching, or simple relaxation with friends and family. Many clients rent these tents out for Airbnb income, bring them on a camping trip, use them for decorated sleepover garden birthday party or a romantic date night by adding fairy lights.
COULD THESE BE USED FOR BACKPACKING TENTS?
Only if you have a mule to attend the hike with you. These tents come in large sizes and the canvas and poles make them very heavy - and too large to put in backpack!